May 9, 2010

House Party



We went to Vince's cousin, Karen's, house warming party yesterday. She has moved to New Jersey. It was a really nice party. A lot of people showed up and we had fun talking and eating, and just getting to see family for a while. It was the first time most of them got to see Belle, so of course every one was excited about that. She was really appreciative of all the gifts she received, and every one seemed to of brought gifts.

On the way home we stopped by our favorite Pathmark on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn to get a few groceries and there was some man yelling and screaming at the front threatening the staff. The manager and the police had to take care of it. I tried to stay at the back of the store till that was over! Thankfully it ended with no one hurt.

Had meeting this morning and as usual it was a good one! We've been having a lot of visiting speakers for Sunday though. In fact, I can't remember when the last time we had a brother from our congregation give the talk. Boy was the opening song to the Watchtower this morning a hard one! Will have to practice that one a whole lot more! Thankfully the closing song was a old favorite and much easier.

Boy had it gotten cold, last Sunday at the meeting I was sweltering, and both Belle and I was sweating to death. And Vince's soda exploded from the heat in the car. This week it's frigid! And windy, whoa boy it's been windy!

We had Popeye's for lunch. Then we took Belle to see Vince's grandparents. They just loved seeing her. Lela goes over there every weekend, but this was Belle's first visit to Brooklyn. Had a nice time visiting with grandma and grandpa. But, poor Grandpa has the Shingles. On the other hand, grandma is doing really well getting around since her leg was amputated. She's such a trooper. She was telling me she is excited about going in to learn how to use a prosthetic leg. I hope they can fit her well and she will have the strength to do that. Cause she's sick of the wheel chair and the walker. I'll be praying that the prosthetic will work out for her. As strong as I am, I don't know if I would be taking all this in stride as well as she has. And I sure don't know how willing I would be to learn to walk again with a prosthetic at her age! She's pretty inspiring, and I admire her greatly for that.

I think I'll end my day with some more of that Vanilla Bean Latte, it's soooo good!

No comments: