May 11, 2010

Nursling Joys



I just love nursing Belle. I never could get Lela to latch and was so sad about it, even though I did pump milk for her for 2 1/2 years. So she could get the benefits of breast milk any way. Belle is a joy to nurse. And now that she is getting older and bigger, she sometimes stops, and with milk all around her mouth looks up at me with a great big toothless grin. It's too cute! Who couldn't love that?!?! That grin just melts my heart every time, and a feeling of never wanting to let her go or put her down sweeps over me. I love being a mommy!

2 comments:

Bookwerme said...

I well remember my babies doing that. When my grandson came along..the one I am Nanny for...I was surprised at my urge to nurse him! No milk available in there these days though.

MagnoliaWhisper said...

I can imagine. I know I'll probably feel the same way some day. Dr. Oz said there is some women who will start lactating from such though! They can't help it. They have more of that chemical in their body then most women, and such as having a grandbaby etc, will just induce lactation for them!