May 13, 2010

Kitchen Towels



I finished Sally Strawberry and am on to the Bread and Butter towel. I started on the stick of butter, it should only take me a few days to finish. I found a pair of pillow cases to embroider, but to pick a pattern, decisions, decisions! Maybe, Ma and Pa? Or birds? Or women with flowers? I just don't know. I wish I had green ones though blue doesn't really match anything of mine. I may just have to go out and buy some green ones! And do the blue ones for Vince's parents, I don't know. I also want to make my sister another pair as I haven't made her any in a while. Again decisions, decisions! I need to go to Walmart and buy more towels for future projects as well. I love the cherry pie towel I did last year, but the dumb washers down stairs spit stains on it. The yucky yellow ones that gets spit on all our clothes and never comes out. I would sure like to know what it is in those washers that does that to our clothes, it's so gross! I would also like to get a bed pillow so I can prop up in bed like this bear, and stitch in bed!

I can't believe how cold it is for May. It's actually snowing in some parts of the USA! I believe in South Dakota, or something like that. I love snow, wish it was snowing here. I'm sure glad it's not hot, I hate the heat.

Made garlic and white wine chicken, with cous cous with toasted pine nuts and raisins on the side, and lots of pina colada sauce on top of it all. Was a yummy dinner. I need to start planning some meals soon though. Hmm, I'm thinking meatloaf. It's a lot harder to plan meals these days though with out the Healthy Exchanges website search engine. *sigh*

My JoAnna Lund Spice booklet arrived! So happy about that. I need to take the time to get it out and read it over. I can't wait! I've been wanting those recipes forever. A friend had copied and sent them to me, and I did look over them when she did that. But, still I like having a hard copy more so. And will re-read the hard copy.

No comments: