May 6, 2010

Sweet Tea



I was reading some emails from friends today about pillow cases their grandmothers had made for them and was inspired to get out my embroidery I haven't done in a while. I have a cute egg pattern I was doing on a kitchen towel to finish. It's really near done. I can't wait to finish it. I always like having more kitchen towels. I would really like to do myself some pillow cases. I've never made myself any. Only friends. I know the exact pattern I want to use. It's a girl in a field of flowers. My grandmother had half finished me cases in this pattern. It's a discontinued pattern, and took me a long time to find online. But, finally found it on a ebay auction. And I can't wait to make it for myself and finish it. It's really pretty. Now to get it out and get started. But, I have 2 and 1/4 towels I want to finish first.

Called the doctors office and I did indeed miss my appointment yesterday. UHG. Will have to reschedule. Good thing I have some insulin in the house. I hope they will see me soon, and prescribe me the medications I will need to control the diabetes.

I had a nice cup of my favorite Candy Cane Lane tea, with almond milk. I was so happy last time I was at BJ's they are now selling almond milk too! And it's at a fairly good price. More tea! yummy!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I LOVE candy cane tea!! Almond milk is my favorite but I'll have to try it in the candy cane tea, never thought of it!

Sorry you missed your appointment, I really hope they don't make you wait long!

MagnoliaWhisper said...

Yeah I really like almond milk in my tea. No worries on curdling! I like it with one splenda, and some of that di vinci french vanilla syrup, and a sprinkle of chocolate malt on top. It's really decadent. And very low calorie! But, is better then hot cocoa to me. However, I like it just plain too. lol

I'm hoping they won't make me wait long either. UHG!