April 10, 2004

Hunter



It's been a week, but I'm back again. lol At least this time it wasn't months.

The weight loss ball keeps on rolling. Down 57 pounds now! Yeah!

Let's see, not a whole lot else going on. I really want to get a Mastercook recipe program though so I can have a off line recipe thing. So I am looking forward to looking for one. My only problem is I don't know if I should get Mastercook Cooking Light which is a older version, or get the new version of plain Mastercook. I don't really care about recipes that aren't light. But, at the same time, I am not sure if the newer version will have more options that I will like in the actual parts I will use in coming up with my own recipes, making shopping list etc. Decisions, decisions.

My nephew, Hunter's, vision is getting worse. He's been legally blind really since birth. Even though there was no way of testing his vision till about a year ago, when they came out with a new testing machine. Usually the test babies and small children's vision by shining a light in their pupil and can tell by the curvature of the light reflecting back how well or not they can see. But, with him, there was never a reflection at all it was always just dark. Last year some one came out with a new machine that tests for children like him. And he has had glasses ever since. They are really really thick, but he has them at least. Now, they say his vision is getting worse and they want to teach him to use a cane. Well, all I can say is WATCH OUT! He has a helmet he wears now to protect his head, cause his toes are not the right lengths and that puts him off balance and he falls a lot. So now with a helmet and a cane, some one could get hurt! I wouldn't trust him with a cane myself. lol I would be scared! And he's protected against any retaliation since he wears a helmet. lol haha

Here's a pic of him.
He just turned 5 in January, but this pic was taken November 17, 2003.



I guess that's about all the news I have for now. I will try once again to get back sooner. Let's hope! lol

No comments: