May 14, 2003

I finally got my scale. Got to Wal-mart, and got a good one. It was triple the price of some of the others. But, the others were flimsy and kept saying a different weight, each time I stood on them. They sure don't make them like they used to! lol

Any way, when we got home, I ended up having to go to the hospital. My right big toe, has been infected since Friday. I tried to take some antibiotics, and drained it of puss twice. But, last night, it was hurting and wouldn't drain, and was turning black. So I went to the hospital. And just so happened they had already called in a podiatrist, cause another diabetic man was barefoot, and stepped on a broken coffee mug and cut his foot in half and it was flapping around and he couldn't feel it. So he severed some nerves apparently and had to have big time surgery. They did my quick surgery before his. ACK. I seen him too and it didn't look good. Looked like my neighbor a few years ago who came to my door, who had cut his foot almost off with a lawn mower. He also severed nerves and is a diabetic! And he didn't want to go to the hospital. But, my step father made him get in the car, telling him he would at least drive him home. Then he locked the doors, and drove past the mans home and to the hospital. The hospital said it saved his life. He lost a trash bag of blood (my mom put a trash bag on his foot) on the way to the hospital. And ewe did our drive way and living room smell for a long time after that. Any way they gave me two pain shots before starting the surgery, and they hurt! And I give myself 4 shots a day, and usually don't feel them. These shots hurt the whole time he was giving them to me. And still hurt where he gave them to me today. But, it was my bad toe, the one that had been broken off and dislocated a few years ago. grrrrrr. So that I think made it worse. I'm supposed to go back to see this doctor in three days.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I did get pretty upset, when they wouldn't call on me, or even look at the form I filled out. And seen 4 people who came in after me, first! One was a nurses husband. I said I didn't care that she was a nurse, I thought it should still be first come first serve. The triage nurse said she felt the same. But, that the nurse thought she could care for him herself. In Kansas, it's illegal to care for your own family member as a nurse, or doctor. I was pretty upset when she wiggled her way above me. And all he had was a head ache! I wasn't that upset about waiting so much as Vince needed to go to work, and I had been there since 10:30 and didn't get seen till 2 am!

And I wouldn't have minded like the guy with the foot going before me. It just seemed like every one they took before me, had trivial to, minor things wrong with them. And I didn't think they at the very least were worse off then me. I think we were on a even playing field. I wasn't worse then them, and they weren't worse then me. So it should have been first come first serve. But the others were throwing fits saying they were going to be seen, and opening the doors and forcing them to see them. In Wichita, they would have been drug right back out by a security guard and sat in the waiting room, or out of the hospital.

No comments: