October 15, 2002

Security



Vince and I had security again last night. The same shift 4-8 am. They were needing help with more volunteers so we did. Boy was I tired today. lol :) I'm bringing a pillow next time. lol

Meeting was good last night. I thought the part on how Book Study Conductors/Overseers are supposed to help the publishers in their group was very encouraging and kind.

I'm hoping that Vince and I can build up well, spiritually and reach some higher goals. I would like to pioneer, and I think it would be nice if Vince could reach out to be a Ministerial Servant. I think he would like it too, we have been discussing it. Of course it will be a while off, till we get some other spiritual goals reached first. :) But, maybe not too far off, if we work hard. Our congregation is mainly older and needs some younger brothers to help out more. So it would be a good thing all around. They have been having Vince take some more responsibilities which I think is really good. Last night he helped count the money, I was proud of that. :) And I think he was too. He said he should be learning these things, so he can do them. So I'm pretty happy today. I really like doing the security and being busy in the work of the Lord. I always feel better when I am busy with the congregation and spiritual things.

I still have a bit of a sore throat and hacking stuff up. I feel like I'm not totally sick, just on the edge of getting something. Of course I usually get something like pneumonia, so I don't know what it's like to just have the sniffles, I always think that's not totally sick yet. lol

No comments: