December 21, 2004

Fuel



I just posted this to JWLW. And I thought I would add it here, cause it caused me to think so much!

"I was just now watching a TV program, on FitTV called 10 years younger. It's about a group of people being helped by doctors, to make themselves, look and feel ten years younger.

The doctor just said something so profound, I had to run in here and post!

He said, most people pay more attention the kind/quality of gas they put in their cars, then the kind/quality of food they eat!

Oh my!!!!!!!! That is just sooo scary to hear some one say that. BUT, at the same time I know it's sooo true!

It brought to mind, something I hear from soooo many people over and over, it seems to be the number one excuse I hear. "Eating healthy, cost too much money".

Thinking about the above statement of gasoline in our cars. Would we put water in our gas tanks cause it's cheaper then gasoline? NO way! Why? Because the car wouldn't run and it would die. Well, what in the world are we thinking when we don't put the right kind of fuel (healthy foods) in our bodies? Hey it's the same thing, some people say junk food is cheaper (I personally don't believe that, but let's say it is) would it make any more sense to put junk in our bodies that will not help us be healthy and kill us, then it would to put water, or other cheaper fluids in a car, cause it would kill it even though it is cheaper? NO!

Then, I got to thinking a car is a material possession. It will eventually die, and probably much sooner then we will. Cars can be replaced. The only way we will be replaced is in the new system. Cars come from man, our life comes from Jehovah. Which is more valuable? Our life!! What in the world is Jehovah thinking when he sees us put more value on a car, then our lives that he gave us. I wonder if it makes his heart sad.

I know if I gave a gift as precious as life to some one, and they threw it to the way side not caring for it or even trying to keep it, it would make me feel sad, and unappreciated. Especially when I see the same person take care of something much less important and from some one they don't even know! (a car is not from Jehovah, it's from some man we don't even know who invented it, and even though it's helpful, it's not as important as our life).

It was just a big epiphany, and something to think about!"

Man was that a thought! The correlation of people taking more care of inanimate objects then their own lives, never crossed my mind till I heard that single sentence! OUCHEE WA WA! Ack! It's a painful thought even!

No comments: