December 19, 2011

Floods and a coat. . .



I ended up with a chocolate brown zipper from Needle Nook it's really pretty with the print on my fleece for my jacket. It's a cool zipper too, I am love with it. I will never buy another one from Joann's! And my jacket is pretty much done. Except Needle Nook was out of a 24 inch zipper which I need for the baby panel. They are supposed to get some in on Thursday. I can't wait, then I can finish it completely. I wouldn't of been able to finish it with out Julie's help though. She did a lot of it for me. And really helped me while I had to nurse and care for RJ. However, I think it's came out about 2 sizes too large, even though I went down to a size large with it. And I'm supposed to be a XXL in it. So glad I didn't make a XXL! I think I just have to trust I am a size medium with ELD patterns and just go for it. Cause I keep starting with a XL or a L and then get a HUGE end product that is just OVERLY large. But, I get scared to start with a medium and waste fabric and it not even fit at all. I just don't know.

I also got my yearly coupons from them and can't wait for them to get in their Jalie patterns. I may go ahead and use my last years coupon though for another pattern as I didn't realize it was still good till the end of this month! I am going to buy gift certificates as well from them, I'm pretty sure. I'm hoping to be able to buy a few. hmmm. I think I am going to bring up to them this program where I got half price gc's for another local sewing shop a few years ago, the program gives the company their full price so they don't lose anything and they get more business. I will ask Anne if she signed up for them or not. Cause that really helped me a lot when they did that. Next on the list of things I want to sew is a Hot Patterns pattern I seen for free on Fabric.com I already printed it up and taped it together, now I need to trace it and cut it out.

The house flooded from the septic tank. The little girls stuffed too much rice and ramen noodles down the sink. And it was waaaaaay backed up. I didn't realize my closet was hit till the other day and every thing in there is now mildewed. I usually wear things from my dresser most. This is a huge hit to us as of course our dressier clothes are in the closet and they cost the most. Including my very expensive dansko shoes, UHG we can not get the mildew out. And it smells horrible. And so me and little buddy (RJ) are really sick from that. And to top it off, I now have a abscess on my ribcage. Just what I need. I'm on a antibiotic for it though and Darla is going to drain it tomorrow. It's huge, about the size of a golf ball.

I ended up going to the LLL meeting on this side of town last week as well. I'm so glad I went. I won a book for my SIL, I had been wanting to buy it for her but now I don't have to! The womanly art of breastfeeding. And I also got 20 dollars for Papa Murphy's. So that will help a lot. We also found a really good local pizza parlor by Dollar Tree the other night, and it's super cheap and really really good. We got the buffet as that was the cheapest way to go since the girls only cost 45 cents! And Vince and I were only like 4 dollars each. My favorite pizza they put out was a sauerkraut and ham one. I thought it was hawaiian was I in for a shock when I but into the sauerkraut but I really liked it. Who knew! haha

I found the Bragg's seasoning at Dillon's grocery store and we are loving it! I put it in the split pea soup tonight and loved it. Hmmm, you know I just sent Amber for lentils for it.....oops I was crazy apparently. I made split pea/lentil soup. lol Oh well. haha I wondered why they weren't very green. Apparently I was losing my mind when I sent her to the store. Oh well, it still tasted awesome. All the kids even liked it. I have found though we need a little broth in the water for the split pea soup or it just doesn't taste as good. So I am pretty sure I have now perfected my recipe of that. Even if I didn't use all split peas tonight. lol haha CRAZY ME! ha! Oh well even Belle and Lela had seconds later in the evening. It was so cute they shared a bowl.

No comments: