March 25, 2013

Muffin Tin Monday





In the tin-
Top Row-
Green Pea Pod, Yellow Bunny Peep, Ham Roll Ups.

Bottom Row-
String Cheese, Chicken Biscuits, Baby Cucumbers.





Whew, been a long time since I have posted. I've been working on trying to eat healthier again, I need to lose weight badly! Looking around online for ideas for healthy kids lunches, I found Muffin Tin Meals. And a link up party for Mondays on them. This week I mainly just started getting a few of the items needed for them. So this week it's a little lame, but as time goes on I'll work on getting more things in them, and buying more accessories to make them cuter too. This week wasn't that healthy. But, the kids loved them! I had really wanted them to have strawberries too, but the ones at the store looked awful, so they were out. Again hopefully I'll improve as time goes on. So to get to it, here's the kids MTM this week. They ALL loved it. And ate every bite. they asked for more meat several times, so they ate about 6 times the amount of meat you see in the photo below. But, other then that, this is basically what they ate. Surprisingly enough only RJ went for the bunny first, the girls saved theirs for last.

I also worked on a healthy lunch for myself as well. I didn't take a photo but maybe I'll start. I had a ham and cheese sandwich-whole wheat bread, organic smoked cheddar, and the olive oil mayo. With hummus and sliced cucumbers. My dessert was two Lemon Lavender Miss Meringue Cookies, they were awesome!  

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So dainty and sweet! I'm glad your kids enjoyed it too.

Thank you for linking up with Muffin Tin Monday! I hope to see you again! :)

Heather said...

Thanks, and I'm going to be trying to keep up with MTMs!