January 28, 2012

30 years coming!



My LLL cookbooks came yesterday and spent all Ralphie, and Belle's nap times meal planning. I have 3 months worth of meals planned now, and almost a years worth of snacks for both the LLL meetings and the supplemental meetings, lol. I think I will go through my pintrest, and two other cookbooks I have here at home already and try to plan a few more months of menus, I would like another healthy crock pot cookbook though. It's so much easier when I schedule our menus. Especially cooking for so many people. And so many taste. I'm hoping every one will like the new recipes. Thank goodness the kids mainly eat what I cook with out much if any complaint. I think they are getting to really like quinoa. I'm glad cause as much as I like cous cous, I don't like the very little nutritional value, and the expense. With quinoa in the bulk section now in our local Krogers it's a bit cheaper and a lot healthier then cous cous. And especially now that I have discovered the joys of Bragg's dry seasoning! I am going to buy their aminos next! I also am going to start using coconut milk more often, I really loved the soup I made with it last week. Of course I love coconut period, and so do the little Haitians in the house, so that's a double bonus, as they are the pickiest when it comes to the food in the house. I can't wait to try to cook quinoa in coconut milk next!

Today I made a peanut butter cookie recipe I found on pintrest a few weeks ago, cause Lela was begging me to make more Rice Krispy treats I had made for the LLL meeting the other night. It's a adaption of the old peanut butter cookie recipe I've made since I was 7 years old. My old recipe was 1 cup pb, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. The adaption recipe I found on pintrest calls for 1 cup pb, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and I believe chocolate chips. But, I didn't double check the recipe, as mainly I knew it was the sugar difference, and I can't remember if I thought of the chocolate chips myself or if it was part of the recipe I found. Either way I love chocolate chip cookies because of the chocolate chips and the taste of the brown sugar in the batter. However, I rarely if ever have made chocolate chip cookies cause of all the ingredients. I have always fell back and made the old stand by peanut butter cookies cause of the very very few ingredients. I would sometimes add a few reeses pieces to the top or a hershey kiss, but it never dawned on me to stir in chocolate chips to the mix, or to do half brown and half white sugar. WOW this bumped my peanut butter cookie recipe up to a whole new level. I will never make them the old way again. The greatness of a good chocolate chip, mixed the ease of my reliable peanut butter cookie, what could be better? NOTHING! Even Lela and Vince my two who hate sweets, can barely keep their hands off these!

Well, it's off to get out one of those other cook books and see if I can get another months worth of menus planned up!

No comments: