September 10, 2019

State Fair


Went to the state fair yesterday. Had a great time. We got up early, and ate breakfast at Carriage Crossing, because that's what Vince wanted to eat. Thankfully the weather was nice too, not too hot. It's usually incredibly hot this time of year. Then we got to the fair, and were able to see the pig races first which we always do. Then we we looked around outside exhibits, then of course headed to the indoor exhibits. I was able to get some products from Watkins that are being discontinued, my favorites of course! Also while I was in one of the buildings, I witnessed a lady stealing one of the vendors display products. I told the vendor and the vendor took off after the lady. Apparently the lady had stolen even more stuff then I had seen! And the vendor came back with a lot of stuff the lady stole! And to thank me the vendor actually gave me products she was selling. So sad though that people would do that. There was also a witness booth there, and man I forgot to get pictures, hopefully I will remember next year! Then we met up with Gracie and had her come with us the rest of the day. We tried fried cheese curds, and moinkballs. The cheese curds were great, the moinkballs were incredible dry. Won't get them again. We had bought Dillon's ticket sheets before the fair started, so the kids rode rides for several hours. Then we had fried chicken dinners at Carriage Crossing on the way home again. All in all it was a great time, but I am pretty sure I got mastitis. Poor little Dee was pretty fussy and I am incredibly engorged. UGH!

Last year a brother had taken a photo of Sofia at the Pratt congregation end of Summer Pool Party. And entered it into the fair last year. This is a photo of the entry.





No comments: